Saturday, June 27, 2015

Shower Spiders

I'm just now calm enough to write about my horrifying shower story from this morning.

As usual, I sat and looked at Facebook for an hour or so, calmly sipping my quota of 2 cups of coffee and then decided to jump start my busy day with a nice, hot shower.

I turned on the water and jumped in. Shampoo in hair, I looked up and . . . oh my GAWD, a ginormouse spider had, overnight, spun a huge cobweb in the corner of my shower! Yes, I know he was just doing his spider work, but in my shower?

He was too far up for me to grab and besides, no kleenex, that would have been handy, but not in the shower. So, I did the next best thing. I sprayed the spider with the removeable shower head. Hit that 8 legger with a blast of expensive Northern California water and then, no more spider!

No body on the floor of the shower. No body up in the destroyed web. Oh my GAWD! Spider in my hair or ?? And worse than that, angry spider!!!

I jumped around, swatted all over my hair. Rinsed it dozens of times. No body. Where the heck could a giant spider just disappear like that unless he was hitchiking on me!!!

I turned the shower off and majorly dried off, inspecting my hair for a lurking, angry spider! No spider, anywhere. I brushed my hair dozens of times. I blow dried it frantically.

I never did find the missing spider. He's probably lurking for another try at me tomorrow.
I wonder if he is sent by our water supplier here in the Bay Area so that we only take short showers and conserve water.

Lesson learned? Never squirt a shower spider while you are in the shower. <shiver> Still checking my hair for a lurking shower spider. So far, so good. I hope he didn't have friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment